- Explain significant changes in General Industry within the past four years.
- Identify changes in the OSHA outreach trainer program.
- Describe new best practices in construction occupational safety and health.
- Recognize current trends in general industry workplaces (e.g., Most Frequently Cited, Bureau of Labor Statistics workplace injury, illness, and fatality data).
- Locate new resources available for updating OSHA Outreach Training.
- Explain effective methods to deliver OSHA training incorporating small group activities and exercises that can be used in OSHA Outreach courses.
- Explain the importance of safety leadership.
- Conduct themselves in an ethical manner aligned with the expectations and requirements of the OSHA Outreach Training program.
18.5 Hours | $495
Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers
Contract Price: $7,000
This course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed the OSHA #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry and who are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain general industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program classes.
- Changes in the OSHA outreach trainer program.
- Significant changes in the construction industry.
- Applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques.
- Students must provide their current OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer card and a completed Prerequisite Verification Form (download) to confirm enrollment in this class.
- 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Safety Standard (provided by UT Arlington)
- Due to course content we highly recommend bringing a laptop and 4 GB thumb drive.
- Participants must present a government-issued photo ID in order to attend this training.
Click the course Title link for more information.
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.