HVAC Technician Certificate
|Instructor:||Steve Gatlin |
|Fee:|| $3,095.00 |
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
The HVAC Technician Online Training Program is a comprehensive HVACR training program for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration installers and technicians. This program is for you if you are interested in getting started in an entry-level position in the HVACR industry, or if you are seeking continuing education for upgrading skills or becoming certified or licensed.
The program focuses on learning objectives that have been identified by HVACR industry groups as key knowledge for an HVACR technician.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will:
- Demonstrate proper safety practices and procedures while installing, designing, troubleshooting and servicing HVACR systems
- Gain competency in the area of fossil fuel combustion systems found in residential and light commercial buildings
- Demonstrate competency in the area of refrigerant handling
- Understand the importance of good work habits, communication practices, and computation skills
- Demonstrate a high level of ability to access industry technical information on the Web
- Obtain required overall industry competencies in the areas of HVACR
This program will prepare you to pass any of the following certification exams:
For more information, please click here.
- The entry-level local gas fitters exam and or fuel oil license exam in areas where licenses are issued
- The EPA Refrigerant Handlers Certification Exam for a Type 1 and Type 2 license (for residential and commercial HVACR systems)
- The Industry Competency Exams in Residential HVAC, Light Commercial HVAC, or Commercial Refrigeration administered by the Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Institute
- The NATE (North American Technician Excellence) Installation-level certifications, consisting of the Installation core exam and one Specialty exam in air conditioning, heat pump, gas, oil, or air distribution