Texas Construction Career Academy
The University of Texas at Arlington, Division for Enterprise Development (UTADED) has been selected to lead the Texas Construction Career Academy for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The Academy is funded by The U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) to provide training to increase students' abilities to be hired by highway contractors on Federal-aid projects.
This is a free two week job training you must apply for and be accepted into. It is Monday to Friday from 8am - 5pm.
These are the course topics and certifications included:
- Introduction to the Highway Construction Industry
- Forklift Operator Certification
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course (including OSHA wallet card)
- Certified Flagger Course (including UT Arlington wallet card)
- Understanding of Safe Operations Within a Work Zone
- Introduction to Preventative Maintenance and Safe Operations of Vehicles and Equipment
- Qualified Rigger/Signal Person Certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED for Laborers
- Trenching Excavation Competent Person Training
- Resume Creation and Interview Techniques/li>
Please DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be contacted to take a drug test and then schedule an interview before being selected to attend the class.
For Additional Information Contact:
Not Currently Scheduled
These courses are not currently scheduled, but may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top