The course reviews basic work zone traffic control information as well as updated information pertaining to work zone traffic control and areas of concern while working in and around a work zone which could put employees or the traveling public at risk.
This course is mandatory every two years.
Participants are required to successfully complete an end of course examination proving competency or attainment of the course objectives.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Apply the TMUTCD principles and TxDOT standards when setting up a work zone.
2. Use the appropriate TCP or TA for a specific TxDOT operation.
3. Plan the location of traffic control devices.
4. Describe safe practices at a construction/maintenance site.
5. Explain the proper set up and take down of a mobile traffic control operation.
COURSE DURATION (in hours):
Personnel involved with roadway construction or maintenance projects.
TRF520, Work Zone Traffic Control.
The purpose of Work Zone Traffic Control Refresher is to review the important aspects of work zone traffic control and emphasize issues based on input from maintenance section supervisors and inspectors and statistics.
TxDOT HRD, email@example.com
|No courses currently scheduled.|
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top