This course reviews basic principles and standards for the design, application, installation, and maintenance of traffic control devices required for construction and maintenance work as set forth in Part VI of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD).
Participants are required to successfully complete an end of course examination proving competency or attainment of the course objectives.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Use the TMUTCD principles and standards in the performance of my job.
2. Describe safe practices at a construction/maintenance site.
3. Plan the location of traffic control devices.
4. Explain the use of temporary pavement markings.
5. Explain channelization and visibility.
6. Discuss the legal responsibility of TxDOT as it pertains to work zone traffic control.
COURSE DURATION (in hours):
Persons with little knowledge of traffic control who are involved with roadway construction or maintenance projects.
8:00am - 5:00pm, each day
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top