This course will lead participants through the processes, techniques, and philosophies to plan for, acquire, allocate, manage, and track resources for the efficient and effective deployment of those resources where and when they are needed, including financial resources, human skills, inventory, production resources, and information technology.
Participants will be able to apply these techniques to a project: resource planning; resource level impact to scope; schedule, and budget; resource utilization; supervision and management of resources; task management; tracking resource time; reporting resource status; managing resources across the project portfolio; and manage resources across the project tasks.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify resource requirements for each work effort.
2. Estimate resource requirements using a variety of estimating techniques.
3. Describe and utilize the TxDOT OneDOT process for acquiring project resources.
4. Create a Resource Management Plan document that includes a Staffing Management Plan, Team Development Plan, and a Stakeholder Management Strategy.
5. Manage and control project resources throughout the project.
6. Identify resource-related risks.
7. Close-out project resources at the end of the project.
8. Incorporate Resource Management into the life cycle of a project.
9. Practice the development of best practices.
COURSE DURATION (in hours):
Project and Functional Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Resource Team Members, and Management.
DEV415, Intro to Project Management
8:00am - 5:00pm each day
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top