Discovering the keys to managing projects successfully when working within the complex mix of tasks and people is an ever increasing skill and demand of project managers within the department. In today's global marketplace, complexity and speed are certainties. In such an environment solid project management practices are essential. Creating clear direction, efficiency, timely response and quality outcomes require project managers to be agile and adept at change.
This course serves as an introduction and overview of Project Management. The materials and processes are based on the Project Management Institute (PMI) principles, standards and the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK). In this course you will compare the concepts presented based on PMI and PMBOK standards with how you currently manage projects to allow you to improve your methods, and share project management ideas and experiences with others. You will focus on the thought processes behind project management rather than on the specific use of a software package.
All attendees of this course will receive a copy of the book "The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management" (3rd edition).
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
1. Describe how to establish clear project objectives;
2. Develop work breakdown structures;
3. Use Gantt charts and PERT/CPM methods;
4. Prioritize multiple activities;
5. Produce resource schedules to identify potential problems;
6. Develop cost schedules and earned value analysis charts;
7. Describe how to implement projects effectively, and use appropriate follow-up methods.
COURSE DURATION (in hours):
Any persons responsible for oversight or actual management of projects.
8:00am - 5:00pm each day
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top