The risk management process taught in this course will help employees identify risks to reduce tort liability lawsuits. Participants will learn potential risks to TxDOT, determine appropriate risk management, and the activities of a trial when a tort liability claim goes to court. Participants are required to successfully complete an end of course examination proving competency or attainment of the course objectives.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain what is risk management;
2. Explain the difference between negligence and liability;
3. Describe six (6) ways TxDOT reduces risk for the department, its employees or the public;
4. Explain the importance of documentation;
5. Explain the purpose of a deposition; and
6. Describe the activities of a trial.
COURSE DURATION (in hours):
Area engineers, maintenance section supervisors, crew leaders, safety officers, or individuals affected by traffic operations, construction activities or maintenance operations.
8:00am - 5:00pm each day
|No courses currently scheduled.|
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top