This course covers OSHA 1910.146, Confined Spaces, as it pertains to TxDOT and OSHA 1910.47, Lockout/Tagout. Topics covered in the class include identifying a confined space, recognizing hazards, atmospheric testing, entry permit, and lockout/tagout. Each student will also calibrate and operate an air monitor.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify permit-required confined spaces.
2. Recognize and evaluate hazards of confined spaces.
3. Describe lockout/tagout steps to control an energy source.
4. Calibrate and operate an air monitor.
5. Complete Form 1993 and describe the process required for entry into confined spaces.
6. Conduct a briefing using the Confined Space Permit and Checklist.
COURSE DURATION (in hours):
Employees who perform repairs, inspections, and maintenance operations in a confined space.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Day one; 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, Day Two
|No courses currently scheduled.|
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top