RTRP Competency Test Preparation
A comprehensive exam preparation program
Includes: Live interactive meetings with an instructor Online community Gleim Personal Counselor 15 hours of CEU's
The Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) course is designed to help you meet the requirements set by the IRS for Form 1040 series paid Tax Return Preparers. The RTRP credential is awarded by the IRS to certain tax preparers who must pass the RTRP competency test and complete 15 hours of continuing education (CE) annually.
What are the benefits of becoming a RTRP:
- Be in compliance with the law and legally prepare tax returns for compensation
- Be identified as a well qualified tax return preparer with a recognizable credentialing
- Increased earnings for tax preparers
How to Become a RTRP?
In order to become an RTRP you must:
- Obtain a Preparer Tax Identification Number (RTIN)
- Take and pass the Registered Tax Return Preparer Competency Test
- Pass a tax compliance suitability check
Continuing Education Requirements for RTRP:
Total of 15 hours per year:
- 2 hours of Ethics
- 3 hours of Federal Tax Law updates
- 10 hours of other Federal Tax Law
for the IRS Continuing Education Requirements for Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) site.
for IRS RTRP Information.
|No courses currently scheduled.|
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top