Work Zone Safety: Temporary Traffic Control
This course is designed to serve as an introduction/overview on established traffic control guidelines for maintenance activities and other short-term operations. It is intended for field personnel responsible for the planning, selection, application, and operation of short-term work zones. It addresses the needs of a broad audience: maintenance crews, utility crews, construction personnel, state and local agency staff, and any individuals who will work in or near a highway right-of-way. This course meets TxDOT's Special Provision to Item 7 training standard for "Other Work Zone Personnel". (Legal Relations and Responsibilities Sec. 220.127.116.11.4)
- COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES :
- Elements of temporary traffic control found within chapter 6 of the "Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices" (TMUTCD)
- Components of a work zone and their respective requirements
- Proper application of devices
- Worker safety
- The use of typical applications most often utilized in short term operations
Upon successful course completion, students will receive a certificate of completion from UTA's Public Works Institute.
|No courses currently scheduled.|
Click the course Title link for more information.
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.