Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
30 Hours | $595
Contract Price: $8,000
This course covers the OSHA standards for general industry found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910 along with other relevant policies, procedures, and safety and health principles for general industry. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous and most frequently cited by OSHA.
- Select the appropriate OSHA standards that apply to a hazard
- Identify elements of a successful safety and health program
- Identify the more frequently cited OSHA standards
- Implement an effective recordkeeping procedure
- Hazard violation workshop
- Means of egress and fire protection
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Electrical safety standards and work practices
- Hazard communication
- Introduction to industrial hygiene
- Machine guarding
- Walking/working surfaces
- OSHA recordkeeping
- 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Safety Standard (provided by UT Arlington)
- Participants must present a government-issued photo ID in order to attend this training.
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.