FS 1000 - Building Construction for the Fire Service$595/ 24 hours
The Building Construction Course is designed to enable participants to learn the components of building construction as they relate to firefighter safety and life safety, identify various classifications of building construction, and explain the theoretical concepts of how fire impacts the major types of building construction. Participants will gain knowledge on the elements of construction and the design of structures that are key factors when inspecting buildings, pre-planning fire operations, and operating during emergencies.
Topics covered include:
- Describe building construction as it relates to firefighter safety, building codes, fire prevention, code inspection, firefighting strategy, and tactics.
- Classify major types of building construction in accordance with the building code.
- Analyze the hazards and tactical considerations associated with various types of building construction.
- Explain the different loads and stresses that are placed on a building and their relationships.
- Identify the function of each principle structural component in typical building design.
- Differentiate between fire resistance and flame spread, and describe the testing procedures used to establish ratings for each.
- Classify occupancy designations of the building code.
- Identify the indicators of potential structural failures as they relate to firefighter safety.
|FS 1000 Webcast||Building Construction for the Fire Service||Online||09/27/23||09/29/23||595.00|
Click the course Title link for more information.
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.