This course is designed to meet the Competent Person training requirement of the OSHA Standard for Excavations. It is intended to provide those who work in or around excavations and might be exposed to excavation hazards with the ability to recognize and minimize such hazards.
- COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Overview of excavations/trenches
- Common excavation hazards
- Hazard recognition
- Soil types and classifications
- Protective systems including benching/sloping, shoring, and shielding
- Access and egress
- Applicable regulatory requirements
- Components of OSHA compliant excavation safety program
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion from UTA's Public Works Institute.
TO SCHEDULE A CLASS CONTACT:
The Public Works Institute
|No courses currently scheduled.|
Click the course Title link for more information.
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.