ROADWAY ILLUMINATION AND ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
DESCRIPTION: TxDOT Roadway Illumination & Electrical Installation is specifically designed to cover all aspects of the electrical installation. Blending the TxDOT specification, electrical details, construction plans and the National Electrical Code® in a manner best aligned with the installation process encountered in the field enhances learning and retention of course material. A certification test is administered at the end of the class.
Those attendees receiving a certification card will be placed on a state wide list. This course is required for contractor's wishing to bid on state projects. Inspectors are required to check for certification of employees in the field.
- OBJECTIVES:Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the various components of the electrical system and explain functionality of each.
- Locate information contained in the Standard Specifications for Construction of Highways, Streets, and Bridges (600 series only), construction project general notes, and on the TxDOT Roadway Illumination Details (RID), Electrical Details (ED), and Sign Lighting (SL) standard sheets.
- Identify approved materials for installation.
- Recognize deficiencies in installation of materials.
- Inspect a complete electrical installation from service equipment to roadway illumination poles.
TO SCHEDULE A CLASS CONTACT:
The Public Works Institute
|No courses currently scheduled.|
Click the course Title link for more information.
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.