Those attendees receiving a certification card will be placed on a state wide list. This course is required for contractor's wishing to bid on state projects. Inspectors are required to check for certification of employees in the field.
OBJECTIVES:Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the various components of the electrical system and explain functionality of each.
- Locate information contained in the Standard Specifications for Construction of Highways, Streets, and Bridges (600 series only), construction project general notes, and on the TxDOT Roadway Illumination Details (RID), Electrical Details (ED), and Sign Lighting (SL) standard sheets.
- Identify approved materials for installation.
- Recognize deficiencies in installation of materials.
- Inspect a complete electrical installation from service equipment to roadway illumination poles.
TO SCHEDULE A CLASS CONTACT:
The Public Works Institute
|No courses currently scheduled.|
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.