Are you aware of recent changes to the OSHA Standards? Are your employees in compliance with HIPAA and other privacy and security laws governing health information?
The purpose of this workshop is to update you on regulatory requirements, workplace safety concerns, and the latest HIPAA requirements. It covers OSHA regulations; the top OSHA violations for the Healthcare Industry; primary OSHA standards pertaining to medical practices; and offers insights into HIPAA privacy and security compliance best practices. The goal is to explain the latest OSHA and HIPAA regulations; how they pertain to you; and give you the tools you need in order to have a compliant program.
Upon completion of this activity, attendees will have received information that should allow them to:
Who Should Attend
- Discuss the purpose for OSHA and how it relates to a medical practice;
- State what the Hazard Communication Standard expects of the practice;
- Identify the proper forms to be completed pertaining to Hazard Communication and Bloodborne Pathogens;
- Explain what the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard expects of the practice;
- Recognize the risk of tuberculosis and other respiratory illnesses in the health care setting;
- Review the principles of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program;
- Create awareness concerning HIPAA regulations in my practice;
- React expediently to breach notifications within the practice and educate staff about the consequences of a violation; and
- Deploy at least one significant HIPPA change in my practice.
This course contains important information for:
CNE Contact Hours
- OSHA Compliance Personnel
- Safety managers and directors
- HR Personnel
- Anyone responsible for safety isses and employee training
- Those involved in training employees in safety rules
- Those involved with a safety and health program in your company
- Privacy and Security Professionals
- Practice managers
- Any medical office personnel
- Anyone interested in learning about the latest innovations in safety and health products and services in the workplace
This activity is provider approved for 7.2 contact hours of Continuing Nursing Education by Workplace Nurses, LLC. Workplace Nurses, LLC, is an approved provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP 13654.
Click Enroll Yourself above or call (817) 272-0387.