DESCRIPTION: The course prepares new construction inspectors on their duties and the different facets of their job. The course consists of using 2004 Specifications, plan sheets, reviewing of testing methods of concrete, and responsibilities of an inspector for steal coating, striping, and more. Participants are required to successfully complete an end of course examination proving competency or attainment of the course objectives.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the duties and responsibilities of an inspector for contracts.
2. Identify the bid items of a contract.
3. Locate the tolerances allowed in specifications.
4. Identify pertinent data to document in an inspection.
5. Explain SW3P.
6. Recognize the importance of traffic control.
7. Explain the purpose of lime and cement stablization.
8. Describe the responsibilites of a hot mix, seal coating, surface treatment work and striping.
9. Describe field-testing of concrete.
10. Perform basic mathematical calculations for quantities.
TRAINING CODE: CON105
COURSE DURATION (in hours): 24.00
AUDIENCE: Construction/maintenance personnel, and EITs.
AGENDA: 8AM - 5PM EACH DAY
Contact: Denise Carmona