Dates: June 11-13, 2019
Meets: Tu, W and Th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Riverside Training Complex
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Staff Phone: 817-272-2581 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DESCRIPTION: TxDOT Roadway Illumination & Electrical Installation is specifically designed to cover all aspects of the electrical installation. Blending the TxDOT specification, electrical details, construction plans and the National Electrical Code® in a manner best aligned with the installation process encountered in the field enhances learning and retention of course material. A certification test is administered at the end of the class.
Those attendees receiving a certification card will be placed on a state wide list. This course is required for contractor's wishing to bid on state projects. Inspectors are required to check for certification of employees in the field.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the various components of the electrical system and explain functionality of each.
2. Locate information contained in the Standard Specifications for Construction of Highways, Streets, and Bridges (600 series only), construction project general notes, and on the TxDOT Roadway Illumination Details (RID), Electrical Details (ED), and Sign Lighting (SL) standard sheets.
3. Identify approved materials for installation.
4. Recognize deficiencies in installation of materials.
5. Inspect a complete electrical installation from service equipment to roadway illumination poles.
TRAINING CODE: TRF450
COURSE DURATION (in hours): 24.00
AUDIENCE: Persons who inspect, supervise or install electrical systems and equipment associated with continuous roadway illumination.
AGENDA: 8:00 - 5:00 each day
Contact: Denise Carmona
|Course Fee (Basic)||Full Fee||$ 218.53|
Riverside Training Complex200 E. Riverside Drive