Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
Dates: December 13-16, 2022
Meets: Tu, W, Th and F from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
K M Coordinator
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act$895/32 Hours
This course is designed for professionals who must understand the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). RCRA describes both the federal statute and regulatory law for managing, storing, and shipping hazardous waste.
Participants will learn about the rule's applicability and exemptions that may be applied under certain circumstances. They will understand the basics of making waste determinations (solid waste, hazardous waste, universal waste, and used oil), how to differentiate the three generator classes, and waste management practices that apply to each.
The course also covers additional generator requirements that may or may not apply, including land disposal restrictions and satellite accumulation areas. One course module presents Department of Transportation (DOT) rules that apply to both offerer and transporters of hazardous waste, which begin to apply when the hazardous waste is prepared for shipment, usually at the generator facility.
- The class will conclude with the essential elements of rules governing:
- treatment, storage, and disposal facilities (TSDFs - specifically, permitting, operation & maintenance, and post-closure care)
- the Pollution Prevention Act
- the federal Underground Storage Tank (UST) rules. The most recent revisions to the rule ("Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements") were promulgated in 2016 and will be effective May 30, 2017 at the federal level
Looking for more information about this course? Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access our online courses, you will need a computer with high-speed internet access, and the Microsoft Teams app. I also suggest having a microphone so that you can talk directly with the instructor and your fellow students.
The week before class begins, you will receive instructions on where to go to download the Microsoft Teams App, how to access the online classroom, and your invitation to the classroom.
For an overview of Teams, please take a few minutes to watch Welcome to Microsoft Teams.
Please take some time to log into the classroom before the day of class to test your connection and get your login information set up.
If you have any questions please contact us by phone at 817.272.2581 or by email at for assistance.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Full Fee||$ 895.00|
Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
Associated General Contractors - Houston Chapter
3825 Dacoma Street
Houston, TX 77092-8717
Main: (713) 843-3700
Contact: Brenda Ward, Building Services Coordinator
Phone: (713) 843-3741
Parking: Parking is prohibited around The Westfall Group building that shares an entrance to the parking lot. It is recommended that students park along the fence line on the back perimeter of the AGC building.Discounted Hotel Booking Rates: Several hotels provide AGC Houston members and associates with a discounted member rate.
- Courtyard Houston Brookhollow
- Fairfield by Marriott Inn & Suites Houston Brookhollow
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Northwest-Brookhollow
- Sheraton Houston Brookhollow
- SpringHill Suites Marriott Houston-Brookhollow