EPA Outreach Trainer Course
Dates: October 11-14, 2022
Meets: Tu, W, Th and F from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
K M Coordinator
Ed (Giles) Williams
Please note: this course has Prerequisites
EPA Outreach Trainer CourseEnvironmental compliance is the responsibility of all workers. The challenge is communicating and integrating environmental compliance into operations. Attendance and successful completion of this trainer course will provide the tools and the curriculum for course attendees to teach the EPA 8-Hour Environmental Hazard Awareness course. During the course, EPA topics will be reviewed and training techniques presented, to promote environmental awareness among workers and equip them to better protect human health and environmental resources.
Various instructional approaches including the effective use of visual aids and handouts are covered, with course participants working in groups or independently to practice presentations of selected topics.
Successful completion of this course and the final examination will allow the participant to be recognized by The University of Texas at Arlington as an EPA Outreach Trainer with a wallet card provided to identify the trainer's status, which will be valid for three (3) years.
Note: Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop to work on presentation materials.
- Completion of the ETI 101 - Introduction to Environmental Compliance.
- Three years of environmental program experience. Experience must be documented on the Prerequisite Verification Form (download) and submitted to our office:
|Mail:||The University of Texas at Arlington|
|Environmental Training Institute|
140 West Mitchell Street, Box 19197
Arlington, TX 76019
Attend this course and use the information below as an Outreach Trainer:
- History and purpose of the EPA
- EPA Enforcement and regulatory authorities
- EPA Outreach Trainer Roles and Responsibilities
- Training materials for EPA 8-Hr Hazard Awareness
- Environmental Controls Used to Minimize Impacts
- Pollution Prevention Processes
- Environmental Management Systems
- Sustainability Program Elements
- Instructional Techniques
|Course Fee (Basic)||Full Fee||$ 695.00|
Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
Associated General Contractors - Houston Chapter
3825 Dacoma Street
Houston, TX 77092-8717
Main: (713) 843-3700
Contact: Brenda Ward, Building Services Coordinator
Phone: (713) 843-3741
Parking: Parking is prohibited around The Westfall Group building that shares an entrance to the parking lot. It is recommended that students park along the fence line on the back perimeter of the AGC building.Discounted Hotel Booking Rates: Several hotels provide AGC Houston members and associates with a discounted member rate.
- Courtyard Houston Brookhollow
- Fairfield by Marriott Inn & Suites Houston Brookhollow
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Northwest-Brookhollow
- Sheraton Houston Brookhollow
- SpringHill Suites Marriott Houston-Brookhollow