- Locate OSHA safety and health standards, policies, and procedures
- Describe the use of OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards, such as lockout/tagout, walking and working surfaces, hazardous materials, and welding
- Conduct internal training on OSHA regulations and recordkeeping
Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry
Dates: June 20-23, 2023
Meets: Tu, W, Th and F from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Staff Phone: 817-272-2581 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon ChavezSimon Chavez has obtained a Master in Education from New Mexico Highland University. Simon has been in the education and instructor industry for more than 35 years. He has been in the Occupational Safety and Health industry for 11 years. He gained his experience from being an adjunct instructor for Texas Engineering Extension Service, and Consultant for New Mexico Environment Department Occupational health and Safety Bureau. Simon is a Certified Safety and Health Official for General Industry and Construction Industry.
K M Coordinator
30 Hours | $695
Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry
Contract Price: $9,000
This trainer course is designed for personnel interested in teaching the OSHA 10- or 30-Hour General Industry Outreach courses. Special emphasis is placed on required topics in the OSHA Outreach Program. Various instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts will also be covered. Course participants will work in groups or independently to practice their presentation of selected topics. (Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop to work on presentation materials.) Written and performance examinations are given during the course. Successful completion of the course and the final examinations allow the participant to be recognized as an OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainer for General Industry.
- Introduction to OSHA standards
- Overview of the OSH Act and 29
- CFR 1903
- Citations and proposed penalties
- Training techniques
- Means of egress and fire protection
- Personal protective equipment
- Material handling
- Overview of the outreach training program
- Electrical safety standards and work practices
- Hazard communications
- Introduction to industrial hygiene
- Machine guarding
- Walking/working surfaces
- OSHA recordkeeping
- Welding permit-required confined spaces
- 25 specific items the student trainer must demonstrate during the presentation of their training session
- 75 points are possible
- Passing score is 50 points
- Passing score is 28 out of 35 points
- Alternative version (randomized questions/answers) used for any retest.
- This is an “open book” test, you may use the following reference(s) to answer test questions: OSHA Training Program Requirements, Outreach General Industry Procedures.
- All test documents and answer sheets are the property of the OTI Education Center delivering the course. If the student does not return the test or answer sheet they will not be eligible to earn a passing score.
- No student will be allowed to leave the room during testing.
- Students are allowed to have on their desks: the test and answer sheet, a writing instrument, and authorized references (if applicable).
- Students will not be permitted to display any of the following items during the tests: notes, books, electronic communication devices, recording devices (visual or audio), calculators (including multifunctional watches), cellular phones, personal computers, or any other items deemed unauthorized by the Test Administrator.
- During the performance test, students not presenting shall respect the student trainer efforts by quietly participating in the presentation and completing the Peer Critique Sheet.
- During the knowledge test, only use the answer sheet to record your answers.
- Do not behave in any manner that would be deemed as cheating or attempting to cheat.
- Completion of the OSHA #511 Standards for General Industry (copy of completion certificate required) within the past seven (7) years.
- Five (5) years of general industry safety and health experience. A Bachelor's degree or higher in occupational safety and health, a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation may be substituted for two (2) years of work related experience. Experience must be documented on the Prerequisite Verification Form (download) and submitted to our office:
The University of Texas at Arlington
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
140 West Mitchell Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Email: OSHA@uta.edu | Fax: (817) 272-2556
- A complete Prerequisite Verification Form must be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to class. Approval can take up to ten (10) business days once the complete Prerequisite Verification Form is received.
- 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Safety Standard (provided by UT Arlington)
- Due to course content we highly recommend bringing a laptop and 4 GB thumb drive.
- Participants must present a government-issued photo ID in order to attend this training.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Full Fee||$ 695.00|
Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
Associated General Contractors - Houston Chapter
3825 Dacoma Street
Houston, TX 77092-8717
Main: (713) 843-3700
Host Site Contact: Brenda Ward, Building Services Coordinator
Phone: (713) 843-3741
Parking: Parking is prohibited around The Westfall Group building that shares an entrance to the parking lot. It is recommended that students park along the fence line on the back perimeter of the AGC building.Discounted Hotel Booking Rates: Several hotels provide AGC Houston members and associates with a discounted member rate.
- Courtyard Houston Brookhollow
- Fairfield by Marriott Inn & Suites Houston Brookhollow
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Northwest-Brookhollow
- Sheraton Houston Brookhollow
- SpringHill Suites Marriott Houston-Brookhollow