- Define construction terms found in the OSHA standards
- Present effective safety and health training programs in accordance with OSHA's construction standards, regulations, and guidelines
- Identify hazards that occur in the construction industry and determine appropriate standards
- Prepare reports citing conditions found
- Identify methods to correct hazards
Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for Construction
Dates: June 26-29, 2023
Meets: M, Tu, W and Th from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Staff Phone: 817-272-2581 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
K M Coordinator
30 Hours | $695
Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry
Contract Price: $9,000
This course prepares the participants to become a trainer in the OSHA Outreach Training Program, conduct both the 10- and 30-hour Construction Outreach classes and issue OSHA Outreach Cards to participants after verifying course completion. Using the OSHA Construction Standards as a guide, the course emphasizes those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour programs, as well as those which are most hazardous. Participants receive training on effective instructional approaches and the use of visual aids and handouts. Participants must prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic and pass a written exam.
- Introduction to OSHA standards
- Safety programs
- OSHA inspections, targeting, and penalties
- Training techniques
- Hazard communication
- Health hazards in construction and personal protective equipment
- Walking and working surfaces
- Overview of the outreach training program
- Cranes and rigging
- Ladders and stairways
- Confined space entry
- Health hazards in construction
- Personal protective equipment
- Concrete construction
- Steel erection
- OSHA recordkeeping
- 25 specific items the student trainer must demonstrate during the presentation of their training session
- 75 points are possible
- Passing score is 50 points
- Passing score is 28 out of 35 points
- Alternative version (randomized questions/answers) used for any retest.
- This is an “open book” test, you may use the following reference(s) to answer test questions: OSHA Training Program Requirements, Outreach Construction Industry Procedures.
- All test documents and answer sheets are the property of the OTI Education Center delivering the course. If the student does not return the test or answer sheet they will not be eligible to earn a passing score.
- No student will be allowed to leave the room during testing.
- Students are allowed to have on their desks: the test and answer sheet, a writing instrument, and authorized references (if applicable).
- Students will not be permitted to display any of the following items during the tests: notes, books, electronic communication devices, recording devices (visual or audio), calculators (including multifunctional watches), cellular phones, personal computers, or any other items deemed unauthorized by the Test Administrator.
- During the performance test, students not presenting shall respect the student trainer efforts by quietly participating in the presentation and completing the Peer Critique Sheet.
- During the knowledge test, only use the answer sheet to record your answers.
- Do not behave in any manner that would be deemed as cheating or attempting to cheat.
- Completion of the OSHA #510 Standards for the Construction Industry (copy of completion certificate required) within the past seven (7) years.
- Five (5) years of construction industry safety and health experience. A Bachelor's degree or higher in occupational safety and health, a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation may be substituted for two (2) years of work related experience. Experience must be documented on the Prerequisite Verification Form (download) and submitted to our office:
The University of Texas at Arlington
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
140 West Mitchell Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Email: OSHA@uta.edu | Fax: (817) 272-2556
- A complete Prerequisite Verification Form must be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to class. Approval can take up to ten (10) business days once the complete Prerequisite Verification Form is received.
- 29 CFR 1926 Construction Industry Safety Standard (provided by UT Arlington)
- Due to course content we highly recommend bringing a laptop and 4 GB thumb drive.
- Participants must present a government-issued photo ID in order to attend this training.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Full Fee||$ 695.00|
Associated General Contractors Houston Houston, TX
Associated General Contractors - Houston Chapter
3825 Dacoma Street
Houston, TX 77092-8717
Main: (713) 843-3700
Host Site Contact: Brenda Ward, Building Services Coordinator
Phone: (713) 843-3741
Parking: Parking is prohibited around The Westfall Group building that shares an entrance to the parking lot. It is recommended that students park along the fence line on the back perimeter of the AGC building.Discounted Hotel Booking Rates: Several hotels provide AGC Houston members and associates with a discounted member rate.
- Courtyard Houston Brookhollow
- Fairfield by Marriott Inn & Suites Houston Brookhollow
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Northwest-Brookhollow
- Sheraton Houston Brookhollow
- SpringHill Suites Marriott Houston-Brookhollow