|Fee:|| $1,595.00 |
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
Are you at your best when you have your hands on a hammer or a saw? If so, this program will teach you the basic skills you need to get a job as a residential carpenter. You will explore what it is like to work in construction, learn the basic math you will use on the jobsite, and find out how to read a blueprint. In addition, you will learn how to use both hand and power tools effectively and safely, and discover how to construct a home from the floor to the roof. Finally, you will put your skills to use in three hands-on workshop projects. By the time you are done, you will be ready for an entry-level position in the construction industry.
Upon completing this program, you will:
For more information, please click here.
- Understand the basics of residential construction.
- Be able to do job-related math.
- Know the basic rules of residential construction safety.
- Recognize and be able to use construction tools.
- Be prepared for an entry-level job in construction.