Payroll Practice and Management
|Fee:|| $1,795.00 |
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
Payroll is one of the fastest-changing career fields in the business world today. Constant fluctuation in government rules and regulations make it difficult to keep up.
The Payroll Practice and Management Online Training Program will teach you all facets of payroll, from the basics to the complexity of fringe benefits, taxation, and garnishments. If you are new to the field, you will acquire solid skills and knowledge of payroll rules and regulations. If you have payroll experience, this program will refresh your skills, keep you up-to-date with regulations, and provide a thorough review for the Certified Payroll Professional test given by the American Payroll Association.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will:
For more information, please click here.
- Understand the requirements of classifying employees under the IRC and classifying employees as exempt under the FLSA
- Gain knowledge of federal taxation regulations pertaining to payroll
- Gain experience in reading and understanding IRS tax requirements, their interpretation, and application
- Learn federal and state tax deposit requirements and understand multistate taxation
- Know how to complete and process Form W-4
- Gain knowledge in pay periods and their affect on taxation
- Understand the basics of fringe benefits, including qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation, third-party sick pay, relocation, and personal use of a company vehicle
- Become familiar with what taxes expatriates and nonresident aliens are subject to
- Understand the basics of organizing a year-end season in a payroll department
- Gain knowledge in writing payroll procedures and manuals and managing payroll staff