This course is designed for personnel interested in teaching the OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Maritime Outreach courses. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the outreach program as well as on those areas that are the most hazardous. Various instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts will also be covered. A written examination is given at the conclusion of the course. Successful completion of this course and the final examination allows participants to conduct OSHA 10-and 30-Hour Maritime classes and issue OSHA cards in three different topic areas: Shipyard Employment, Marine Terminals and Longshoring.
- Completion of the OSHA #5410 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Maritime Industry (copy of completion certificate required).
- Five years of maritime industry safety experience. A bachelor or higher college degree in occupational safety and health or industrial hygiene by an accredited college or university, a Certified Marine Chemist (CMC), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation in the applicable training area may be substituted for two years of experience. Experience must be documented on the Prerequisite Verification Form (download) and submitted to our office:
The University of Texas at Arlington
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
140 West Mitchell Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Email: OSHA@uta.edu | Fax: (817) 272-2556
- A complete Prerequisite Verification Form must be submitted at least seven (7) business days prior to class. Approval can take up to seven (7) business days once the complete Prerequisite Verification Form is received.
- Maritime OSHA Regulations From Parts 1915, 1917, 1918, 1919 and 1920 (provided by UT Arlington)
- Due to course content we highly recommend bringing a laptop and 4 GB thumb drive.
- Participants must present a government-issued photo ID in order to attend this training.