Continuing Education Trips
Texas Hill Country Photo Workshop 2012
Join us for a weekend photo tour to the Texas Hill Country in spring of 2012. This tour, organized as part of the Continuing Education Department at the University of Texas at Arlington, will take participants to two amazing State Parks in three days! Don't miss this weekend of learning, photography, and fun!
On Friday, we head to Marble Falls, TX, which will be our base of operations for the next few days. After getting settled in our accommodations, we will meet for a Welcome Dinner and spend some time preparing for the next day's shooting.
Saturday will find us getting up early, eating breakfast at the hotel, and then heading out to Inks Lake State Park to photograph the water features, oak and cedar trees, birds and other wildlife. Throughout the day, Roger and Randy will be offering group exercises designed to help you see the landscape differently, and create stunning images. While you are shooting, your leaders are not. They are there to answer questions, provide advice, and help you take the best pictures of your life. That evening we head back to the hotel to eat dinner, and have a quick review of the days shooting with a slideshow of the day's best images.
Sunday we head out to Longhorn Cavern State Park to visit the Longhorn Cavern. We will have a private group tour of the cavern and have ample time to photograph the inside of the amazing structure. Throughout the day, we will be looking to create stunning images that go beyond the postcards you most often see.
Come and join us for this trip that is sure to expand your photographic horizons! Space is strictly limited, so sign up today.
- April 27th, 28th, & 29th 2012/li>
** Early registration discounts are available for a limited time! Call our office for details.
- This trip is designed for amateur and advanced amateur photographers who have a digital SLR camera and are comfortable with the cameras' controls and functions, including transferring images from their memory card for viewing and editing.
- Digital Camera with Interchangeable Lenses
- Camera Bag or Backpack
- Good Walking / Hiking Shoes
- Memory Cards
Recommendations: **These are NOT required, but if you have them, bring them**
- Various Lenses
- including a Wide Angle Lens (24mm or wider) and a telephoto lens (150mm or longer)
- Field Notebook / Pen for Note taking
- Filters (Neutral Density, Circular Polarizer)
- Meet in Marble Falls, TX
- where we will be staying at a local hotel
- Welcome Dinner Provided at 6PM
- Group Meeting and Instruction that evening at the hotel
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Included
- We head to Inks Lake State Park to photograph for the day, including a picnic style lunch. "The park is a panorama of cedar and oak woodlands, wildflowers, and pink granite outcroppings in the Central Texas Hill Country. Deer, turkey, quail, numerous songbirds, and other species of wildlife are abundant in the park."
- Dinner and Critique back at the hotel that evening.
- Breakfast and Lunch Included
- We head today to Longhorn Cavern State Park for a group tour of the amazing Longhorn Cavern. This tour will take us into the perpetually 68-degree cave to explore the nuances of light and stone formations carved over many centuries.
- After the tour and other shooting, we head back to Arlington.
- One instructor for every 12 students
- Guided tour at Longhorn Cavern State Park
- Extensive hands on instruction from your instructors
For cancellations requested 30 or more days prior to the departure date of the trip, you will receive all payments minus a $100 non-refundable fee. Cancellations received within 30 days of the departure date are non-refundable. You may transfer your fully paid trip registration to another person that will take the trip in your place. Cancellation notification must be received in writing, either by email, fax or mail and sent to the attention of Marie Peterson.
|Currently, there are no scheduled course offerings for this group|
Not Currently Scheduled
These courses are not currently scheduled, but may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top