Our program is designed to teach you the skills and knowledge to become a professional photographer or an enthused hobbyist. Start by exploring the capabilities of your digital camera and then learn the techniques to improve the quality of your photographs. Edit your images so that the finished product is exactly what you imagine by learning Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard photo editor. Courses can be taken individually or for personal enrichment.
Benefits of this Certificate:
- Demonstrate skills & techniques of digital photography in relation to digital capture & image editing
- Learn to apply the features of the digital camera to create the desired image
- Learn to use digital image-editing software and computer skills to create an aesthetic final image
- Utilize effective workflow techniques to increase efficiency
- Apply the proper lighting techniques to enhance digital images
Requires a camera with changeable lenses and full manual settings; DSLR, ZLR or advanced Range Finder type digital cameras are acceptable. If you are unsure of your camera, please call our office before registering.
To earn a Certificate in Digital Photography, you must successfully complete all Required courses and 3 electives.
- Introduction to Digital Photography I
- Introduction to Digital Photography II
- Photography Light and Lighting
- Adobe Photoshop - Beginner
- Adobe Photoshop - Advanced for Photographers
- Enroll in the Digital Photography Certificate Program Fee course
- Complete and submit a Portfolio for review*
There are two Portfolio options: 1) Enroll in Final Photography Portfolio and submit your portfolio in class. Or 2) Enroll in Independent Portfolio Review and complete the requirements. Please note that both Portfolio option have pre-requisites.
Choose Three Electives
Upon successful completion of all requirements, electives, and your Portfolio, students must notify the Continuing Education office. After verifying the student's completion status, a certificate will be mailed to the student's address on record.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Creating Interactive Portfolios
- Nature Photography
- Wildlife Photography
- Photography Light and Lighting Level II
- Portrait and Wedding Photography
- Travel and Location Photography
- The Business of Photography
- Photography Studio
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top