This course provides answers to your questions regarding recent changes to the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard as well as the impact on other federal requirements. Participants will receive an overview of the changes to the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (OSHA 1910.1200) with regard to adoption of the United Nations Global Harmonization System. Participants will receive background on the evolution and development of GHS and be provided with the changes to the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard. Employer responsibilities and deadlines under the new OSHA Standard will be reviewed with a focus on what employers need to know to ensure compliance.
• What is GHS?
• Review of the new Hazardous Communication Standard (2012)
• New hazard classification system
• GHS versus HMIS and NFPA classification
• New chemical labeling system
• Changing to SDSs and what parts are important to your employees
• Structure and mandatory elements of Safety Data Sheets
• Employee training requirements and suspenses
• Impact on other standards, e.g., flammable liquids
• Implementation dates
Note: OSHA has recently developed a new fact sheet on the new training requirements for employers under the revised Hazard Communication standard. Follow this link to download the new fact sheet.
|No courses currently scheduled.|