Standards for General Industry OG
OSHA 511 - Standards for General Industry - Emphasis on Oil and Gas
This course covers the OSHA standards for general industry found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910 along with other relevant policies, procedures, and safety and health principles for general industry. Standards will be addressed from the perspective of their application within the oil and gas industry. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous and most frequently cited by OSHA.
- Discuss prevalence and frequent cause of fatalities and injuries in general industry and in the oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- Describe important reasons for injury reduction and compliance with regulations.
- Investigate injury statistics
- Introduction to OHSA
- Inspections, Citations and Penalties
- Multi-Employer Workplaces
- Safety and Health Program
- Walking and Working Surface and Fall Protection
- Electrical Standards
- Hazard Communication
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Chemical Hazards in Oil and Gas
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazardous Materials
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry
- Egress and Fire Protection
- Materials Handling
- Machine Guarding
- Construction Hazards and Standards
- API Recommended Practice 54 Overview
Oil & Gas Industry: OSHA Regulations from Parts 1903, 1904, 1910, & 1926 provided by UT Arlington.
OSHA 511 - Standards for
Currently ScheduledOnline/Memberships/DonationsNot Currently Scheduled
|Currently, there are no scheduled course offerings for this group|
Not Currently Scheduled
These courses are not currently scheduled, but may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top