Resource Conservation Recovery Act
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
This course is designed for professionals who need to understand rules and regulations for managing, storing, and shipping hazardous waste. Participants will learn about the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and become familiar with a wide array of related federal, state and local agencies as well as their requirements. The course will present the basics of managing non-hazardous waste, permitting processes, common violations, and waste minimization.
Other Topics Covered:
- Identify the types of RCRA Wastes
- Recognize the different types of generators of hazardous waste
- Apply Pollution Prevention principles to hazardous waste management
- Evaluate the benefits of waste disposal methods
- Use common Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Implements the principles of compliance monitoring
- Identify Underground Storage Tanks (USTs)
- Determine the main parties in the cradle-to-grave system
- Distinguish the Land Disposal Restrictions
- Complete a hazardous waste manifest
- Recognize the benefits of high performance TSD facilities
Looking for more information about this course? Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waste management techniques
- UST technical requirements
- Benefits of used oil recycling programs