DESCRIPTION: This course covers concepts and procedures of hydraulics and hydrology pertinent to design of urban storm drains. Participants must bring scientific calculator and engineering scale (English units) to class.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify urban storm drain design challenges.
2. Describe components of an urban drainage system plan.
3. Determine runoff rates for storm drain design.
4. Discuss hydrologic and hydraulic methods for stormwater management.
5. Select and design locations for storm drain inlets.
6. Design layout and sizes of storm drain conduits.
7. Evaluate the Hydraulic Gradeline of a storm drain design.
8. Identify computer applications that would be useful.
TRAINING CODE: DES602
COURSE DURATION (in hours): 20.00
AUDIENCE: TxDOT design engineers, engineers-in training (EIT's), and experienced design technicians.
PREREQUISITES: DES601, Basic Hydrology & Hydraulics.
AGENDA: 8:00 am - 5:00pm on day #1 and #2 8:00 am - 12:00 pm on day #3
Contact: Denise Carmona