|Dates:||October 17-26, 2017|
|Meets:||Tu and Th from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM, 4 sessions|
|Location:||UT Arlington TBA |
|Fee:|| $495.00 |
|Textbook:||No book required.
There are still openings remaining at this time.
The Patient Navigator Certificate prepares students to successfully navigate patients through the healthcare system over the course of a treatment plan.
This program is aimed at:
Topics covered include:
- Individuals who want to enter the healthcare field as a patient navigator or serve as a caregiver;
- Healthcare professionals who want to move into patient navigation;
- Healthcare administrators or health allied professionals interested in expanding their skill set; and
- Current patient navigators seeking formal training, further skills, and/or a deeper understanding of their role and responsibilities.
- Why are healthcare advocates needed?
- What is a healthcare advocate?
- Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Standards of practice
- Assistance with financial issues
- Insurance and coding
- Going into practice as a private healthcare advocate
The course is taught in a classroom setting using PowerPoints, case studies, handouts, and modeling. It's presented in a conversational manner with participation and questions encouraged.