This course provides an introduction to the Clean Water Act (CWA) and the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), to include the NPDES permit types for storm water, industrial wastewater, domestic wastewater, and pre-treatment. Case studies and class activities will be used to provide opportunities for participants to utilize knowledge gained during the course. The course will facilitate student's ability to attain and maintain compliance with applicable water and wastewater regulations, and to better understand how those regulations impact their organization.
Learn about the key water and wastewater program elements listed below:
Looking for more information about this course? Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- History of EPA water laws
- Major EPA Water & Wastewater Regulations
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Clean Water Act
- Oil Pollution Act
- Characteristics of Water
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NDPES)
- Types of permits:
- Wastewater Permits
- Pretreatment Permit
- Storm Water Permit
- Land Application Permit
- Drinking Water Infrastructure Permit
- Benefits of applying pollution prevention to water programs
- Methods to comply with the requirements
- Common violations of the Clean Water Act
This class includes a field trip to visit the Village Creek Water Reclamation Facility on Tuesday, 11/20/18, at 9am.
Please dress warm, with closed toe shoes.