Standards for the Construction Industry
Call us at 817-272-2581 to see if you qualify for a discount on this course.
Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
Click here for a downloadable registration form.
This course covers the OSHA standards for the construction industry found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1926 along with other relevant policies, procedures, and safety and health principles for the construction industry. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous and most frequently cited by OSHA.
- Select the appropriate OSHA standards that apply to a hazard
- Identify elements of a successful construction safety program
- Identify the more frequently cited OSHA standards
- Implement an effective recordkeeping procedure
- Introduction to OSHA
- Hazard Violation Search Workshop
- Safety programs
- Hazard communication
- Health hazards in construction
- Personal protective equipment
- Fire protection and prevention
- Materials handling
- Tools-hand and power
- Fall protection
- Cranes and rigging
- Motor vehicles
- Concrete construction
- Steel erection
- Underground construction
- Stairways and ladders
29 CFR 1926 Construction Safety Standard provided by UT Arlington.