ICS/NIMS for the Disaster Response Supervisor & Professional
This course is designed for those individuals who may have leadership responsibilities at a natural or man-caused disaster site. The Incident Command System (ICS) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS) are studied in detail with emphasis on their roles and uses during the crisis management and consequence management phases of disaster response work.
- History, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Introduction and overview of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- The relationship between the ICS and the NIMS
- Training and resources for personnel who are likely to assume a supervisory position within the ICS
- Operating efficiently during an incident or event within the Incident Command System (ICS)
- The intent of NIMS
- The key concepts and principles underlying NIMS
- The purpose of the NIMS components including preparedness, communications and information management, resource management, and command and management
- The purpose of the National Integration Center
Formerly coded as SH 560.
|No courses currently scheduled.|
These courses may be offered at a future date. Click the course Title link for more information.
Back to Top